Under general direction, this position is responsible for all aspects of the physical installation of signs and graphics FASTSIGNS produces for its clients. Sign installations can involve simple vinyl graphic decals to digging and or pounding posts into the ground, Hand mixing cement and pouring small cement footings for permanent signs, the construction of wood frames for temporary site signs built on site. Candidate must be comfortable installing signage and letters using ladders and or lifts.
Candidate’s other primary responsibility will be installing vehicle graphics and wraps. Candidate will work with designer to ensure vinyl is printed correctly for proper installation. As a backup, the candidate will assist production with general production tasks which, includes preparing substrates and applying vinyl according to written instructions. Must also mount and/or laminate prints including operating and setting-up the laminator for over-laminating, encapsulation, or mounting of digital imaged products. This position must proofread signs and conduct quality assurance to ensure the efficient production of quality, accurate signs.
The ideal candidate will have 1-2 years of experience in the sign and or graphic industry. They should have experience working with and installing vinyl graphics including vehicle graphics and wraps. They should have a basic understanding of sign construction and installation outdoors.
- Properly install signs and graphics per work order instructions.
- Notify and schedule dig locates with Gopher One.
- Schedule installations working with inside sales and the production manager.
- Install vinyl vehicle graphics and wraps.
- Work closely with designer for proper output of vinyl for best installation practices.
- Maintain and organize installation bay, tools and vehicles.
- Make runs for pick up and or drop off of signs and or materials.
- Assist the production staff with sign making, printing and cutting.
- Follow quality standards and work orders to properly produce all signage.
- Maintain printers and cutting machines as needed.
- Organize and maintain production area as needed or instructed.
Participate in and practice the FASTSIGNS sales mentality of “Everybody Sells”. Constantly be looking for sales opportunities for the center. Serve as a backup for answering the phone if the franchise partner, manager and sales/service employees are busy assisting other customers. Assist at the front counter as needed. Understand the sales process enough to consult with customers to determine project needs and solutions.