Regulatory Signs, Safety Signs, and Custom Accessible Signage
Make Sure Your Business Complies
As a business owner, you must take action to show that your company cares about both safety and inclusivity in the workplace. This means having safety procedures and being compliant with regulations but communicating this.
FASTSIGNS can help you reassure your customers that you are committed to their health, safety and comfort. We offer custom regulatory and warning signs and can help you communicate all your policies.
Whether for a construction site, private property, or just around the building, a regulatory sign from FASTSIGNS® is perfect for relaying information clearly. Get a quote now!
When it comes to regulations, it's important to be clear about your compliance. The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 requires that buildings be accessible to those with disabilities. This also means you need to have ADA signage throughout your property. It’s important to factor thesesigns into your overall visual communication strategy.
What Are ADA and Regulatory Signs?
Regulatory signs communicate policies and precautions your business takes to protect any visitors. FASTSIGNS offers regulatory signs that inform visitors of laws, regulations, and requirements.
These signs are often found in permanent use rooms and areas, including:
- Fire exits
- Parking lots
If you need to alert your customers about these kinds of policies, the FASTSIGNS team can help you deliver your message. These signs are a critical part of any public space or work area. They should always be installed in areas where they are highly visible and easy to read.
ADA Sign Requirements
Here are a few of the ADA sign requirements to consider when creating a signage plan:
- ADA Signage must exhibit a contrast in both the background and text colors.
- ADA compliant signs must be in a sans serif font – no added features.
- If a sign contains a pictogram that identifies a permanent space, then tactile text descriptors are also required.
- Pictograms may include a wheelchair or gender symbols for specific restrooms.
- Braille lettering must be placed below and centered to all text with a minimum of 3/8" space between any other sign elements including sign borders. ADA sign text must have a minimum 3/8" space from the edge of the sign.
- If tactile in nature, the lettering must be uppercase and between ⅝” and 2” in height.
- Individual characters are required to be spaced at 1/16" or 1/8" minimum apart and 1 1/5" maximum from each other.
- ALL ADA compliant signs must include both braille letters and raised to the touch for the visually impaired.
- For tactile signs, the ADA requires that the baseline of the lowest raised character be a minimum of 48” above the finished floor, and the baseline of the highest raised character be a maximum of 60” above the finished floor.
- Interior ADA signs should be installed on the latch side of the door from the room to be labeled.
- ADA signs should not be mounted directly on a door.
- If there is not enough space to mount the sign in the specified location, it may be installed on the nearest adjacent wall in a clearly visible location.
Create a Stylish and Compliant ADA Braille Sign
FASTSIGNS provides a wide selection of ADA compliant braille signs that combine style and originality. Our knowledgeable staff will help you create your own unique sign with customized design options to ensure the perfect look for any space, while still keeping safety regulations in mind. With us at FASTSIGNS on your side, choosing stylish yet legally compliant signage is a breeze!
High-Quality ADA Signs Crafted with Care and Expertise
At FASTSIGNS, we provide custom ADA signs crafted with the necessary tools and materials. With our experience making compliant signage and knowledge of current compliance standards, you can trust us to create high-quality signages that meet all requirements. If you need just one or many! – simply order it online anytime 24/7; for larger orders requiring a fast turnaround time, just send over your list detailing every required sign's text along with its size layout - Our experts will further assess which sizes are ADA compliant before providing advice accordingly.
The Importance of ADA Requirement Signage
Communicating your ADA compliance will protect your business and help visitors feel supported. The team at FASTSIGNS is ready to handle all your ADA and safety signage needs so that you can have the peace of mind you need.
Contact your local FASTSIGNS center today to learn more about our ADA and safety signage.
Products and services may vary by location. Please reach out to your local FASTSIGNS center for more information.