Are you highly motivated, detail oriented, and creative? Are you up for a challenge, eager to learn, and looking to join an established and fast-growing company? If so, we’re looking for talented and inspired candidates who are focused on teamwork, task completion, and customer satisfaction. If you are looking for a rewarding career, not just another job, then come join our team as a Graphic Designer / Production Specialist!
As a Graphic Designer / Production Specialist, you will have a dual role working in the computer room and production room. In the computer room, you will be responsible for creating computer generated vinyl and/or full color graphics output that can be weeded, cut, and applied or printed and mounted to a substrate. In the production room, you will be responsible for all aspects of the physical construction and assembling of signs from computer cut vinyl and wide format full color printouts, which includes proofreading and conducting quality assurance to ensure the accuracy of signs. The ideal candidate is a creative, self-motivated team player who can work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and who is determined to make every project his or her absolute best. If this sounds like the opportunity you've been waiting for, then we encourage you to click Apply now!
- Works with co-workers and customers with file transfers, FTP access, photo library options, online proofs, etc.
- Inspects jobs for accuracy before sending them to the plotter or printer
- Provides proofs as necessary
- Maintains accurate electronic and paper record of File Storage and Disks
- Follows a layout to place computer-generated vinyl or full color graphic images on a pre-determined substrate or medium
- Prepares substrates for application
- Performs finishing operations such as laminating, encapsulating, and/or mounting of printed pieces
- Installs signs when necessary
- Performs other duties as needed, such as answering the phone, helping at the front counter, consulting with customers, etc.
- High school diploma or GED required; advanced education degree preferred
- Strong PC and Mac skills and internet, publishing software, and sign production software skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Basic math skills (adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing whole numbers and fractions and converting fractions to decimals and vice versa)
- Able to work well under pressure to output high volume, high quality work
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to lift 50 or more pounds
- Must have the flexibility to lean over a waist-high table and use back forth hand motions to apply vinyl letters and graphics to a substrate
- Able to use light power equipment
If interested and qualified for this position please email the hiring manager