Working under general direction, the Production Specialist is responsible for all aspects of the physical production of signs. Sign assembly includes preparing substrates and applying vinyl according to written instructions. You must also mount and/or laminate prints, which includes operating and setting-up the laminator for over-laminating, encapsulation, or mounting of digital imaged products. In addition, you must proofread signs and conduct quality assurance to ensure the efficient production of quality, accurate signs. You must be familiar with general hand tools. He or she will install signs of all sizes and mediums on poles, buildings, billboards, and other structures using a wide range of tools. Must be able to work at heights exceeding 10 feet. Experience in vinyl vehicle graphics/wraps a plus.
1. Follows a layout to place computer-generated vinyl or full color graphic images on a pre-determined substrate or medium.
2. Prepares substrates for application, which may include cutting, painting, laminating, cleaning, and maintaining the substrates for vinyl application.
3. Weeds excess vinyl from computer cut images.
4. Performs quality assurance measures pre- and post-production.
5. Performs finishing operations such as laminating, encapsulating, and/or mounting of printed pieces.
6. Reports inventory levels and stock to be reordered to the center manager/production manager or franchise partner.
7. Helps unload and store raw materials and cleans and maintains storage areas.
8. Works on different projects simultaneously.
9. Performs routine machine maintenance and minor repairs when necessary.
10. Establishes and maintains effective team relationships with all support departments.
11. Follows all company policies, procedures, and business ethics code.
12. Serves as back up for the graphic designer as necessary.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
14. Installs signs when necessary.
1. High school diploma or GED required; advanced education degree preferred.
2. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
3. Basic math skills (adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing whole numbers and fractions and converting fractions to decimals and vice versa).
4. Able to work well under pressure to output high volume, high quality work.
5. Able to lift 50 or more pounds.
6. Must have the flexibility to lean over a waist-high table and use back forth hand motions to apply vinyl letters and graphics to a substrate.
7. Able to use light power equipment.
8. Able to work effectively in a team environment.
9. Detail oriented, organized, and able to multi-task.
10. Prompt, reliable, and responsible.
11. Must be physically able to perform sign installations, which includes lifting, climbing, and working at heights greater than 10 feet.
11. Valid driver's license.