Rely on FASTSIGNS® vinyl banners for your promotions, special events, grand openings and sporting events. Weather resistant, our vinyl banners work well indoors long-term and outdoors for temporary use. Because of the material's strength, it can be cut into almost any length or dimension. Banner material is available in many colors to meet your needs. Vinyl exterior signs are also weather resistant and durable.
Find a vinyl banner installer near you. Contact FASTSIGNS to see how we can help!
Vinyl Banner & Sign Tips
- Choose the nylon woven and vinyl banner material stocked by most FASTSIGNS® centers for long-lasting banners. Although there are other banner materials, such as Tyvek and polyethylene, few last as long as vinyl and nylon woven material
- Consider using a heavier weight material when your banner will be suspended between poles or buildings
- Plan to apply letters to one side of your banner only. Our standard, stocked banner material is guaranteed to be vinyl-receptive on one side. If the sign is hung outside, letters on the second side may come off quickly. If letters are applied to the proper side, though, the banner will be more durable outdoors
Vinyl Banner & Sign Applications
- Grand Opening and Coming Soon announcements
- Sales and promotions
- Special events
- Sporting events
- Tradeshows and Exhibits
Vinyl Banner & Sign Ideas
Increase the effectiveness of your banners by:
- Making banners large
- Adding stripes and borders
- Using additional lettering colors
- Adding a photo, logo or graphic symbol
- Utilizing unusual shapes or designs
The maximum banner size is virtually unlimited, and we can create customized banners in any size you want or need.
Finishing & Mounting
FASTSIGNS® offers many options for finishing and mounting your banners:
- Grommets—Attach banners at regular points to distribute their weight evenly and prevent sagging
- Pole Pockets—Insert rigid poles into pockets along your banners’ edges for a more even weight distribution. This can prevent sagging and make your banners more rigid
- Hemmed Edges—Reinforce the sides of your vinyl banners to maintain their shape and prevent stretching
- Power Tape—Reinforce the edges of your shear-cut banners or banners that have no material available for hemmed edges
- Banner-Ups—Attach plastic tabs with eyelets to each corner of your banners to create convenient hanging points
- D-rings with Nylon Webbing*—Secure large banners that will hang on buildings with D-rings and ratchet straps
- Nylon Webbing*—Reinforce the tops and bottoms of your banners to extend their lives—especially if you’re in an area that is prone to high winds
* Extra time required.
- In production, grommets will be placed in all four corners and every 2-3’ feet between, across the top and bottom. These are used to hang and secure the banner while minimizing stress. The two-ply corners ensure strength for intermediate to long-term outdoor life
- Special care needs to be given to the installation of large banners. If you are unsure of the best application method, call your local FASTSIGNS® center
- When storing your banner, roll the banner with the graphics or letters to the outside to prevent letter separation and air bubbles. Never fold your banner because it will cause it to have creases
- Proper care and handling will improve the longevity of your banner
Exterior signage products and materials may vary by location. Contact your local FASTSIGNS® center for more information on product availability.